Featured Interview with Mitch Joel
Award-winning Social Media Expert and President of Twist Image
Listen to this interview to learn:
- How when you help brands stay on the leading edge, you often have to stay on the bleeding edge
- Changes that are occuring between the pure play ad agencies vs. the digital agencies
- Impact of reaching customers when they have many choices of screens, from desktop to iPad/tablet to mobile
- Fundamental tenets of customer engagement that still guide online marketing strategies
- What Walmart did differently to engage customers around a Mother’s Day campaign led by Twist Image
Mitch Joel is President of Twist Image, an award-winning Digital Marketing and Communications agency. He is also a blogger, podcaster, passionate entrepreneur, and speaker who connects with people worldwide by sharing his marketing insights on digital marketing and new media.
Marketing Magazine dubbed Mitch the “Rock Star of Digital Marketing” and called him “one of North America’s leading digital visionaries.” In 2006 he was named one of the most influential authorities on Blog Marketing in the world. In 2008, Mitch was named Canada’s Most Influential Male in Social Media, one of the top 100 online marketers in the world, and was awarded the highly prestigious Canada’s Top 40 Under 40. Most recently, Mitch was named one of iMedia’s 25 Internet Marketing Leaders and Innovators in the world.
His first book, Six Pixels of Separation, named after his successful Blog and Podcast, is a business and marketing bestseller. His next book, CTRL ALT DEL, will be out in Spring 2013. Mitch is frequently called upon to be a subject matter expert for BusinessWeek, Fast Company, and many other media outlets. His newspaper business column, New Business – Six Pixels of Separation, runs bi-monthly in both The Montreal Gazette and Vancouver Sun and he also has a regular column, Media Hacker, on The Huffington Post.
For more information, visit Mitch’s website.
Contact Info for Mitch Joel
Business Phone: 514-987-9992
Web address: TwistImage.com
Travels From: Montréal, Canada